Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Gears review!

Gears of War is a tactical shooter. Well, some people would not call it tactical. They would call it chainsawing the heck out of anything you feel like. Single player is probaly the best part, as the developers really put alot into the artwork. They have a whole destroyed beauty theme going, and this is very obvious and it really helps convey the sense of desparation. The combat is extremely fresh, with your character hiding behind cover while bullets chip away at everything near you. The ai is up to spec, but nothing particuarlly special about it. At least they are not getting stuck behind pillars every few seconds. I have played single player round 12 hours and I have never seen the ai glitch. Now, dont think its not challenging, this is one of the most challenging games I have played in a good long time. But the difficulty is just perfect!!! Anyway Gears of War is probaly THE best game I have played(easily up there with Half-life and Halo).
Overall I am giving it a 9.5 out of 10.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Can I just say, that I am WAAYYY impressed with your blog? For example, this line is pure poetry:

"They have a whole destroyed beauty theme going, and this is very obvious and it really helps convey the sense of desparation."

I will definitely be checking in here often.

Sue R