Friday, June 8, 2007

Same old crap, new graphics.

The video game industry is under seige. Not by the cost to build a game, or by anti game laws, but by mindless sequels. I just purchased Medal of Honor: Frotnline. Now, it's a good game ( reveiw coming soon), but I also own Allied Assault. I just got Frontline yesterday, and I am about one third of the way through it. Almost all the gameplay so far was ripped off off something. I know it's a series and the gameplay has to be familiar, but the entire damned mission is the same! Add that to the fact that there is only a small change in graphics, plus Frontline has the same everything, and you have more of an expansion pack then a 50 dollar game ( I got my copy for three bucks though).

And not only MoH is doing this. The only difference in madden is that now you have to pay for standard features! No like seriusly. Everything that came standard is now downloadable content that you have to pay for. Many games are now feeling to similair. Now while these games are pretty fun, there is really no reason to buy them. Even Pokemon is guilty of this crime! The city layouts and map are the same in Diamond and Pearl as the ones in Ruby and Sapphire! Sequels should introduce NEW gameplay mechanics, not make you pay for old ones!

No comments: